Hamed is a doctoral student in Public Health at the University of California, Merced. Prior to joining UC Merced in 2015, he worked as a faculty member at Shahroud University of Medical Sciences, Shahroud, Iran. Hamed holds an associate degree in Environmental Health, a bachelor degree in Environmental Health Engineering and a master's degree in Environmental Health Engineering with a concentration in water and air quality.
Hamed’s primary research interests are in environmental health, environmental epidemiology, and water and air quality.
Honors and Awards
- Received the prestigious Graduate Dean’s Recruitment Fellowship (GDRF) at University of California, Merced on March 9, 2016
- Received a letter of acknowledgement from the secretary of Health in Iran
- Ranked 2nd among 2500 undergraduate students at the countrywide entrance exam to Master program of Environmental Health Engineering
- Gharibi, H., Mahvi, A.H. 2014. “ELECTROCHEMICAL-BASED REACTOR FOR THE REMOVAL OF FREE CYANIDES AND IRON CYANIDE FROM INDUSTRIAL WASTEWATER”. United States Patent and Trademark Office; Pub. No.: US 2014/0246375 Al; Pub. Date: Sep. 4, 2014
- M Hoseini, M Yunesian, R Nabizadeh, K Yaghmaeian, S Parmy, H Gharibi, S Faridi, M.S Hasanvand, R Ahmadkhaniha, N Rastkari, N Mirzaei, K Naddafi, 2016. "Biomonitoring of tobacco smoke exposure and self-reported smoking status among general population of Tehran, Iran". Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-9
- E Ahmadi, B Kakavandi, A Azari, H Izanloo, H Gharibi, AH Mahvi, A Javid, 2016. "The performance of mesoporous magnetite zeolite nanocomposite in removing dimethyl phthalate from aquatic environments". Desalination and Water Treatment, 1-15
- A Azari, H Gharibi, B Kakavandi, G Ghanizadeh, A Javid, AH Mahvi. 2016. "Magnetic adsorption separation process: an alternative method of mercury extracting from aqueous solution using modified chitosan coated Fe3O4 nanocomposites". Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology; John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Naghipour, D., Gharibi, H., Taghavi, K., Jaafari. J., 2016. "Influence of EDTA and NTA on heavy metal extraction from sandy-loam contaminated soils". Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 4 (3), 3512-3518
- Ebrahimi, MH, Gharibi, H. 2016. "A case study of a patient with diabetic retinopathy". Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. Available online 11 February 2016. doi:10.1016/j.dsx.2016.01.022
- Javid, A., Mesdaghinia, A., Nasseri, S., Mahvi, AH., Alimohammadi, M., Gharibi, H. 2016. "Assessment of tetracycline contamination in surface and groundwater resources proximal to animal farming houses in Tehran, Iran". Journal of Environmental Health \ Science and Engineering. DOI 10.1186/s40201-016-0245-z
- Javid, A., Hamedian, A., Gharibi, H*., Sowlat, M. H. 2015. "Towards the application of fuzzy logic for developing a novel indoor air quality index (FIAQI)". International Journal of Public Health, Accepted Paper.
- Sowlat, M.H., Abdollahi, M., Gharibi, H., Yunesian, M., Rastkari N. 2014. "Removal of VaporPhase Elemental Mercury from Stack Emissions with Sulfur-Impregnated Activated Carbon". Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, volume 230, pages 1-34.
- Gharibi, H., Sowlat, M.H., Mahvi, A.H*., Keshavarz, M. 2012. “Performance evaluation of a bipolar electrolysis/electrocoagulation- (EL/EC) reactor to enhance the sludge dewaterability”. Chemosphere. 90 (4), 1487-1494.
- Gharibi, H., Mahvi, A.H*., Nabizadeh, R., Arabalibeik, H., Yunesian, M., Sowlat, M.H., 2012. “A novel approach in water quality assessment based on fuzzy logic”. Journal of Environmental Management. 112, 87-95.
- Gharibi, H., Sowlat, M.H., Mahvi, A.H*., Mahmoudzadeh, H., Arabalibeik, H., Keshavarz, M., Karimzadeh, N., Hassani, G., 2012. “Development of a dairy cattle drinking water quality index (DCWQI) based on fuzzy inference systems”. Ecological Indicators. 20, 228-237.
- Mahvi, A.H*., Ebrahimi, S.J.A.D., Mesdaghinia, A., Gharibi, H., Sowlat, M.H. 2011. “Performance evaluation of a continuous bipolar electrocoagulation/electrooxidation electroflotation (ECEO-EF) reactor designed for simultaneous removal of ammonia and phosphate from wastewater effluent”. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 192 (3), pp. 1267-1274.
- Hassani, G., Mahvi, A.H*., Nasseri, S., Arabalibeik, H., Yunesian, M., Gharibi, H., 2012. "Designing Fuzzy-based ground water quality index". JOURNAL OF HEALTH AND HYGIENE, Vol. 3, No. 1 (8); 18-31.
- Sowlat, M.H., Gharibi, H*., Yunesian, M., Mahmoudi, M.T., Lotfi, S., 2011. “A novel, fuzzybased air quality index (FAQI) for air quality assessment”. Atmospheric Environment. 45 (12), 2050-2059.
- Hassani, G., Nasseri, S., Gharibi, H., 2011." Removal of Cyanide by Electrocoagulation Process". Analytical & Bioanalytical Electrochemistry. Vol. 3, No. 6, 625 – 634.
- Gharibi, H., Mahvi, A.H*., Chehrazi, M., Sheikhi, R., Sadat Hosseini, S., 2010." Phosphorous removal from wastewater effluent using electro-coagulation by aluminum and iron plates". Analytical & Bioanalytical Electrochemistry. Vol. 2, No. 3, 165- 177.